Happy Halloween! Our treat for you is the perfect Pumpkin DIY Facial Recipe that is simple to make and delicious for your skin. Pumpkin is not only tasty but is also an antioxidant-rich superfood full of vitamins A, C, and E as well as Beta-carotene and Retinoic Acid. Applied to the skin, pumpkin exfoliates, lightens dark spots, and boosts collagen production. In this recipe, we mix pumpkin with raw honey to help moisturize and lighten dark spots; Frankincense essential oil to act as an astringent, minimize the appearance of pores, and fight acne; and eggs to tighten and firm the skin and draw out impurities.
- 2 raw eggs - both whites and yokes
- 1 can of organic pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp. of raw honey
- 20 drops of Frankincense essential oil
- In a bowl, whip eggs together until the yoke is completely mixed.
- Next, add the whole can of pumpkin puree and stir.
- Then, mix in raw honey and Frankincense essential oil. Blend well.
- Apply pumpkin mixture with fingers to a clean face, avoiding the eye area.
- Relax and leave the mask on your face for 15 minutes. This is a great time to read or listen to music.
- Gently, remove the mask with a warm washcloth. Follow up with your favorite Peak Scents facial cream or facial oil.